Tuesday, June 16, 2009


Writing has always been a scary thing to me; with all of the rules and different styles to follow, it’s a cloud that has hung over my head from the moment I chose Communications as my major. Being a scatterbrained person such as myself, it’s always a challenge to write a complete sentence without sounding all over the place. Taking this class was something I was definitely not looking forward to, but as the class progressed, I feel that I have as well.

 

      I felt discouraged after the first grade or two I received, but after practicing, like anything, it felt like the words came easier and it flowed more smoothly. The fears I had, became excitement. I was excited because I finally felt as if I could do this. I had always feared writing would keep me from getting the job I dream of, doing PR for Hollywood clients.

 

      This class has been wonderful, and I have grown to love sharing my thoughts on paper, or the web. Although I don’t plan on writing for a living, I know writing and speaking eloquently is vital in this day and age. As for my dream, I now feel like it is within my reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment